Tuesday, March 25, 2014

First Day on the Job

Ah, lunch time tears! We haven't seen each other in while. It has been nearly four years since working for someone else and thus four years since spending lunch times with my head in my tear soaked lap.

Not only am I no longer my own boss, but I have taken a position I hate and am over qualified for. They say, "do what you love and you will never work a day in your life" well boy am I working now!

I never would have thought after being the creative force behind two amazing businesses that I would end up being someone else's bitch again. But life is expensive and sometimes as  moms we opt for money and more time  with our loved ones over job satisfaction.

Without this being too much of a martyr post, that's exactly what I did.
My husband afforded me three wonderful years in which I was able to build and grow my business, which I sold after giving birth to my second child. With the extra expenses, it was clear it was time to earn some serious 'moola' again and this job landed in my lap.

So here I am a high level executive assistant. It sounds flashy but there is nothing glamorous about being a PA..It really is just like having another child..a really large, spoilt, demanding and sometimes rude child.        

I am not particularly organized or admin orientated. I loath mundane tasks like booking your car in for a service or upgrading your cell phone contract.  I'm not a fan of taking orders from idiots or arseholes, or taking orders in general
and most of all I hate having to smile and keep my mouth shut.

Hold on to your seats because we are in for one hell of ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget